Week Topic: Social Change: Collective Behavior, Social Movements, and Technology
In order to complete this week, do the following:
- Review the course syllabus.
- Read the week’s objectives.
- Read the week’s lecture.
- Complete the reading assignment.
- Post first discussion post in each discussion board by Wednesday 11:59 p.m.
- Post at least two more times in each discussion board by Sunday 11:59 p.m.
- Complete the lecture response by Wednesday 11:59 p.m.
- Complete the reflection essay.
- If you have questions about what you should do post them to the “Questions to the Instructor” discussion thread or email the instructor directly.
Course Learning Objectives:
After completing this module you should be able to:
Understand collective behavior and social movements in America.
Key Concepts: Distinguish between the varieties of collective behavior
Relate to the different types of social movements
Identify the various stages of social movements and why they matter
Describe how technology impacts social change