Week Topic: Health and Medicine and Population, Urbanization, and the Environment
In order to complete this week, do the following:Post an introduction of yourself in the Eagle Gate Cafe.
- Review the course syllabus.
- Read the week’s objectives.
- Read the week’s lecture.
- Complete the reading assignment.
- Post first discussion post in each discussion board by Wednesday 11:59 p.m.
- Post at least two more times in each discussion board by Sunday 11:59 p.m.
- Complete the lecture response by Wednesday 11:59 p.m.
- Complete the week's writing assignment.
- If you have questions about what you should do post them to the “Questions to the Instructor” discussion thread or email the instructor directly.
Course Learning Objectives:
After completing this module you should be able to:
Appreciate the state of physical, mental and social well-being in the United States
Define how health care is accessed
Identify the state of health and illness in the United States
U.S. Health care coverage and who pays for medical care
Sociological perspectives on health and medicine
Understand population change and composition and structure.
Define the population dynamics of the United States
Distinguish between population structure and composition
Identify urbanization issues in the U.S. and globally
Describe the environmental issues we face