Week Topic: Families and Aging and Education and Religion
In order to complete this week, do the following:
- Read the week’s objectives.
- Read the week’s lecture.
- Complete the reading assignment.
- Post first discussion post in each discussion board by Wednesday 11:59 p.m.
- Post at least two more times in each discussion board by Sunday 11:59 p.m.
- Complete the lecture response by Wednesday 11:59 p.m.
- Complete the week's writing assignment.
- Complete the week 5 quiz.
- If you have questions about what you should do post them to the “Questions to the Instructor” discussion thread or email the instructor directly.
Course Learning Objectives:
After completing this module you should be able to:
Understand how U.S. families are changing in America.
Distinguish between family conflict and violence
Relate to diversity in American families
Identify the sociological explanations of family and aging
Describe our aging society
Relate to the sociological perspectives on education.
Define what education means to the average American
Differentiate between the current problems with U.S. Education
Describe the new directions in U.S. education
Relate to the quality and quantity of schooling available in the U.S.
Understand the trends in religion in the United States.
Distinguish between the types of religious organizations in the U.S.
Describe some major world religions
Differentiate between the various religions in the U.S.
Determine the sociological perspectives on religion